Alkalizing the body is actually a key step to promoting overall health.
Acidity has been linked to pain, excess weight and many other health issues. Fortunately, making your body more lkaline (the opposite of acidic) is easy. Here are 10 ways to alkalize your body for more energy and vitality:
1. Drink pure alkaline water, and lots of it! (P.S. Avoid: coffee, black tea and sodas. – These drinks are highly acidic and do not count towards your daily water intake)
2. Start your day with a large glass of water with the juice of a whole, freshly-squeezed lemon. While lemons may seem acidic, they have the opposite effect on your body as it metabolizes them.
3. Eat your greens and veggies, veggies and more veggies! Veggies are whole foods minus the extreme sugars that feed disease, and are packed with nutrients and alive enzymes!! Aim for a large green salad with every meal possible-without the cheese and croutons! Greens are among the best sources of alkaline minerals, like calcium and magnesium. Snacking on fresh, alive, enzyme rich vegetables everyday is a must!
4. Switch from cow’s milk, to almond, oat or rice milk. Cows milk has been shown to produce an abundance of mucous in the human body. I would never recommend soy (stay clear)!
5. Snack on raw, unsalted nuts and seeds (preferably soaked and activated ). Almonds are packed with natural alkaline minerals like calcium and magnesium, which help to balance out acidity while balancing blood sugar.
6. Go for a brisk walk or some other exercise. Exercise and breathing techniques assist in moving acidic waste products so your body can better eliminate them. Your lungs detox 70% of our toxins!
7. Eliminate consumption of red meat, pork, lamb…substitute chicken, turkey or fresh fish in small quantities. Red meats, pork and lamb are highly acidic and have a very low water content, not to mention being hard on the digestive system.
8. Minimize/Avoid processed and refined foods. That means anything made with white flour and white sugar or food coloring. Our bodies were not designed to digest these chemicals and so it must do one of three things: 1. Eliminate them (if you are not hydrating properly this is very hard to do) or 2. Neutralize them by pulling alkaline buffers where it can – like from your bones leaching calcium, or from your blood, leaching iron. Or: 3. Park them away (in fat cells). Bottom line here – stay away from processed food as much as possible, (anything in a packet/ can/ tin) If it wasn’t here 90 years ago.. don’t eat it!!!
9. Drink a top quality super green supplement. Organic super greens are known to be some of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. They infuse the body with easily absorbed vitamins, minerals, amino acids chlorophyll, enzymes, phytonutrients and alkaline salts that help neutralize acids in the blood and tissues.
10. Reduce stress daily by adding yoga, tai chi, meditation, and proper breathing. An additional factor that adds to acidosis (acidic bodies) is stress.
bacteria & disease, especially cancer cells, cannot thrive in an alkaline body